Tuesday, August 16, 2011

whatcha got cookin?

Recently we have decided to do a weekly menu and try our best to stick to it to save money and watch what we eat! I thought it would be fun if I shared some of the recipes with y'all!

Tonight we had:

Biscuit Topped Tomato Beef Bake

What you will need:
1 lb lean ground beef (or ground turkey here)
1 cup chopped onions (I chose not to use them)
1 can condensed tomato soup
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup chopped green onions (I chose not to use them)
1 1/2 cup all purpose baking mix

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees

Then brown your hambuger (or turkey) meat



When your meat is completely brown pour in 1 cup onions and 1 can condensed tomato soup



Heat mixture thru, and put into baking dish

In a seperate bowl mix egg and 3/4 cup milk with wire whisk



Add 1 cup cheese and chopped green onions to milk and egg mixture


Stir in baking mix

Stir until baking mix is moist

Pour over meat and soup mixture


Bake in oven for 35 minutes or until top is golden brown



Let cool and serve




And of course I cant forget my kitchen buddy who helped me clean up anything I happened to drop :)



If you look real close you can see some baking mix on his head... lol

Supper was really yummy... this is definitely a recipe we will be trying again :)

Much Love,



 

No comments:

Post a Comment